The main aim of the project is to achieve low carbon Sustainable Stations
This will be achieved through
- Delivering 4 demonstration SusStations schemes and 1 design scheme
- Delivering a Sustainable Stations Assessment Tool
- Achieving a high level of trans-national co-operation within the rail sector·
- Develop dialogues with local communities & with government
- Disseminating findings effectively.
Within the framework of SUS Station appropriate innovations and eco technologies for stations will be explored and assessed.
The implemented technologies comprise better building materials, PV on roofs, solarthermal installations, naturally insulated green roofs, use of ambient light, intelligent ligthing control etc.
The project is co-funded by the partners and the EU Interreg IVB NWE programme.
Energy efficiency gains:
The project has a broad sustainability approach with energy efficiency being only one paramter. Therefore energy efficiency data is not available at the moment.
Costs (investment, operation, maintenance):
No economic information available yet.
Energy audits, building renovation, intelligent lighting concepts, energy efficient equipment